: If you've been watching me for a long time, maybe even a little while, you've probably heard the name "Muziq" more than a couple of times! I'd originally planned to throw a Muziq inspired contest years ago when the project was first started, but because character sheets and chapters are such time consuming work, it was decided that instead, the two main protagonists would have their spotlight in a contest. So without further adou, I introduce the "Draw Harper and Lute" contest or "Draw Lute and Harper" contest (whatever floats your boat)! Although perhaps a more accurate title would include "And/Or", since you can draw both of them, one of them, or if you're not participating, none of 'em ;D Still, it's been a while since I've drawn a "draw this character" contest, so I hope people can enjoy this contest for its simplicity!
Lute has the ability to manipulate, redirect and transform sound waves. Basically, he can make it louder, softer, have a slower or faster tempo or change its measure (strongest beat) with the right amount of concentration. Its power is limited to how much his sensitive hearing
. Because of his sensitive hearing, he couldn't handle noisy sounds like songs under the rock music genre. (Actually, he dislikes them.).
- Frisbee: He uses his frisbee as a medium to collect or send sound waves at a farther range. He gets it back by running towards it in time.
- Noise-cancelling earphones: Aside from using it to listening to music, he usually wears this when he sleeps because his sensitive hearing keeps him awake.
- Wristband: To look cool He always flicks his wrists to throw a wave .
- Tablet: It's his computer on the go since his .
- Pouches:Without this, he'd have very bulky pockets.
He's a very eager person who is passionate about his research on wave magic. He came to Muziq to continue his research, hoping he would be recognized. He usually takes the initiative when it comes to exploring the unknown. He doesn't expect anything in return since he genuinely wants to help people. When he needs a brain boost, he turns to his milk tea dispenser
. He is sometimes seen drinking Chocolate-flavored or Earl Grey Milk Tea with a lot
Additional References:The references below are the accurate renders of him in other artist's styles especially his hair. Please note that the shoes are different because the reference was drawn after all of the ones below were drawn.
Heart Strings: Harper Heart uses her father's infamous "heart strings" to control the beating of the human heart. Although she's often very reluctant to do so, she uses the heartstrings as a protective mechanism. With training, she's able to pinpoint and perceive heartbeats, which allows her to use the strings to give people so-called 'heart attacks'. Because they're so dangerous, she usually wears them as a shawl around her arms...
- Harp Guitar:This is actually just a harp guitar made by her father.The heartstrings are what make it special.
- Headphones: She mostly uses them to block out the sound of the heartstrings that she uses but one can also change the note tops to pick up various radio signals.
- Clock Necklace: This acts as a reminder of the time of her dad's death-- it is stopped at 12:15 in memory.
- Shoes: These were designed by her father, and the 'keys' on the sides are 'key' to their design!
It takes her a while to warm up to people, but when she does, she's very outgoing. She is also very cocky, which leads her to do brash things without wanting to rely on people.
Harper grew up sewing her own outfits, and she tries to showcase them often as a sort of proof to herself that she knows how to design. She's a lover of almost all music, but she has a special place in her heart for rock and/or metal music that gets her heart pumping, so to say.
I'm very open with the way people draw Harper's outfit, especially because I know it's so detailed! So long as it's mostly brown in color, you're good to go ;D You can also draw her with her hair down!
Despite the two's contrasting personalities, they can fight remarkably well together. Lute's calm demeanor keeps Harper in check, while her motivation and courage enable him to do things that he might not have done otherwise. Lute also tends to handle the more complicated problems, like machinery and music flow, while Harper relies more heavily on trying to defend others with her heartstrings. To read more of their story, feel free to read it on devART!
The artworks to the right are the most accurate references in other artist's styles.
Entries will be placed in this folder.
- You may draw both characters or one of them. Both is preferred! You can draw them doing whatever the heck you want :')
- Any form of medium is acceptable as long as the final product is colored!
- No Mature Content!
- Submit as many entries as you like. There are no limits!
- The entry must be new.
- Once you're finished, you may either leave a comment on this journal or note us of your finished entry.
Sticker Set and Stamp prizes have free shipping.
Prizes will be upgraded depending on the amount of entries!
Deadline: September 20, 2014Sitraxis
: Oh hey, that's around the same time I have my university break! This is more than enough time for my to-do list.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via note or a comment on this journal. Prize donations are welcome~
If it is a question specific to a character, contact their respective owners by mentioning their usernames in your comment or noting them individually.
I'll be keeping an eye on the journal comments anyway.
This will be my first "Draw my OC" contest but it's more like draw my favorite pairing.
Muziq is one of my complete projects and it's very close to my heart.
Good luck, everyone!
I hope you all have fun and enjoy drawing them~